Thursday, January 19, 2012

What could be better than....

Today was an awesome day
It made we wonder
What could be better then...
Going to the park for an hour
and watching Baylen run so fast
he could hardly stay upright
Watching Bo in a pretend world
fight off the enemy
as he leaped from slides
Helping Samantha with her homework
and her getting it
Taking Samantha to a million places
I always wanted to be a real soccer mom
Watching our foster dog really enjoy the love and attention we are giving him
and knowing that we are saving his life
and being able to see little glimpses of Riley and Walker in him
and it feels so good
Having a long conversation with my mom
and dad
Having an old family friend bring you dinner
Catching up with you sister in law and aunt
that both grieve the recent loss
and know that they to
hurt
but also know that they are surrounded in love
and just want to be
together
Going to the library
Getting a million and one things checked off my to do list
Enjoying two cups of coffee
Being done with a really good early morning workout
Have a completely clean house
I mean really clean
Having Baylen sit in my lap while we shot lasers with Bo's Captain America Shield
for a whole hour
really
And watching him run like a weeble wobble
to retrieve the disk
he thought it was the coolest thing ever
Watching your kids run from the bus
Chasing each other
With Samantha trying to get to me first
to tell on her brother
and Bo
desperately trying to catch up
Knowing what was coming out of her mouth
saying ut ahh I didn't do it
I said what
He said, what ever she said I did
Got to love it
After dinner tonight hearing Bo come into the den
and give us a hug
and say
You two are the best parents I could ever have
an then just walking away
not wanting anything
just wanting to tell us that
Having a super long conversation with my husband
on the couch
with Jayme in his lap
and Bo in mine
both asleep
Yes
today was an amazing day
just a lot of little things
that don't seem that big
added up to one amazing day
I love days like this
It was a sunny day in my heart
It was nice
Everything got done
well almost
But most importantly
there was balance
complete balance
I felt I balanced what I needed to do
wanted to do
and should do
all in one day
which does not usually happen
Smiling
and hoping
to have lots more days like this one
in the future

No comments:

Post a Comment