Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Normal


Even though this new normal
is not perfect
we are learning
how to do it
not in anyway
are our hearts healed
but
we did do something today
that we have not done in a while
we just were
we did not rush
we did not plan
we did not really think
we just were
we took the kids
out to a family friends house
and stayed for hours
and played
and laughed
and just were
we would have never done this
if it was the old normal
we would have been too busy
too involved
in everyday things
but instead
we made time
to just be with loved ones
and had so much fun
just being together
I am realizing that I have not done this enough
the busy life gets in the way
we ate pizza
and drank coffee
and did not care about messes
or the time
we savored every minute
and it was great
to escape for a few hours
and have a little normal
new normal
It was the first day
in a long long time
that we did something
that was not planned
or had to be
or needed to be
or should be
we just enjoyed
This new normal
will become more normal
each day
and I will make sure
to find the good
in the bad
and know
that
sometimes sadness
can bring happiness
in its own way
Yes
I am sad
very sad
but among the saddness
I am happy
Happy that the little things no longer matter
and as long as I am on the floor playing
In the bed with Sam having girl talk
or listening to every word and responding to everything
that comes out of Bo's mouth....
Cuddling with my hubby
talking on the phone to family
hanging out with friends
then I have all that I need
yes
we will be okay
one day at a time

No comments:

Post a Comment