Monday, January 23, 2012

Burnt Pancakes



So I had one of those ah ha moments today
and it happened through out the day
but started when I burnt pancakes first thing
So I came home from a great personal training session
all ready to walk into the house and make pancakes for the kids
I burnt them
like really burnt them
Like whole house was smokey and it smelled so bad burnt them
The thing is
the reason I burnt them
is because I was cleaning up after our sweet little foster dog that
decided to leave a not so sweet present for me in the corner
since he was left roaming the house
since he was kicked out of the bedroom
because he decided he too wanted to wake at 5:30 when I left
even though the rest of the house did not
So that being said
what happend was
even though I burnt the pancakes
it covered up the awful smell
that I had just walked into a few minutes before
Showing me
it is all about how you look at things
This continuted through the day
and amazingly enough
for the first time in I can't remember
I actually looked at the clock numerous times
and instead of wondering where the time went
could not believe how early it was
each time
therefore
everything around here today
was calm
cool
and collected
When I did things
I looked at the big picture
for example
as much as I want to go though the thirty plus sermons I have missed
I have decided to move forward
focus on today
and press on
I spend to much time
in the past
wanting
wondering
wishing
regreting
It is time to pick up
and press on
I am finding more and more
once I have a plan in place
it gets changed
I even find this in my classes
I get a plan and a new class starts
or stops
So
I decided today
which I am sure I will have to remind myself often
that I will live for today
and only today
As my tea fortune said
" The art of happiness is to serve all"
and I truly feel that that means living for today
and doing for today
and serving others
and myself
by knowing that I do the best I can
when I can
So
when you burn the pancakes
don't look at it in a bad way
or look at all of the things you don't do well
Think about what your are doing well
looking forward
knowing you can just suck it up and make a new batch
Bo never even commented on the smell
He just said
these are the best pancakes ever!
So four batches later
and a sink full of pans
we finally got some pancakes
and they were good
in more ways then one

No comments:

Post a Comment