Monday, January 9, 2012

Hit by a train

This must be
what it feels like
to be hit by a train
I woke this morning
feeling
empty
Everything hurts
what was I thinking
wearing those heels
we greeted for over four hours
that was truly amazing
Kevin still amazes me so
so much
I enjoyed a glass of wine
around Pop Pop and Grammys kitchen table
with my shoes off
around eleven last night
just Pop Pop Kevin and I
He said
This just ain't fair
Nope
it is not
life sure threw us a curve ball
it is fitting that is was foggy when we left last night
foggy this morning
I feel like I am in a fog
I know this is a dream
ready to wake from it
just want everything back like it was
but thankful for so many family and friends
that show so much support

taking a big breath
to get through today
can't wait to kiss my kids
and my husband
Feeling
empty

No comments:

Post a Comment