Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Kinda Random...but I do have a point

I will probably seem all over the page
but I will have a point
I feel overwhelmed with so much emotion
and trying to balance
as usual
everything
I am struggling with wanting to do everything....
The list starts
with wanting to thank everyone
that has been so kind
We have had such an out pouring of love
it is absolutely amazing
It makes me
want to be
a better person
Which brings me to goal number one...
I will let others know
on a daily basis
how much I appreciate them
Below you will see just a handful of cards that have been send
Each one so special
and so thoughtful
and so helpful....


Now...
moving on to goal two...
Like I said earlier
I struggling with wanting to do it all
When I am not thinking about wanting to thank everyone
for all they do for me
I am thinking about all the things I want to read
For self help
grief
parenthood
devotion
organization
fitness
and on
and on
So, of course I buy the books
and then don't have time to read them
so they sit on my shelf
as you can see below
and I keep seeing more
and it becomes overwhelming
My mind starts wondering about what all is out there
that I could read
that would make me the perfect
mom
wife
christian
organizer
fitness instructor


And then I look at the kids
and wonder
how it would be
to have a childlike mind
where all you think about
is the moment
Like Bo
and his friend Jayme
and Baylen
and his bottle
Yes,
no worries in the world

And I think of my sweet Samantha
which you will see in the letter she wrote to her teacher below
showing that it seems
I have passed on my worry
to her
Always being concerned
about doing her best....
I found this note in her backpack...


So
here we are
With a million goals
and a million and one start overs
and a millions to do's
and even more I wonders and only if's
Yes
I would love to eat perfect each day
Have a devotion
a clean house
a perfect attitude
play with my kids each time they ask
get everything checked off my to do list
please everyone
Never worry
have the perfect workout
capture every memory
etc
etc etc
But
I think the lesson here is
that
that is not what God intended
We want to plan it out
make if perfect
But that is his job
we are to wait
listen
and know
that what we are doing at that moment
is what is meant to be
Even if it does not seem perfect in our eyes
There is a reason
for the journey
So
Sitting a storytime today with Baylen
was the most perfect thing ever
Listening to Bo tell me a story
savored every minute
Hearing Samantha tell me about a company that she is making
where she is making cell phones
awesome
Yes
As a million things roll through my mind each minute
I with breath in
and out
and know
that just because all the junk tries to bog me town
I will tred though that clutter
and know
that what is meant to be
will unfold right before my eyes
as soon as I let it

No comments:

Post a Comment