Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What day is it


What day is it
no really
what day is it
I have never done this before
Try to retell a story
or a memory
and not remember when
or where exactly
it happened
It is Wednesday
but it is alarming
that the past week
all seems like
one big long day
I will not keep dwelling
on the sadness
but I will say
I will dwell on
the amazing things
that are happening
all around me
I love to tell
the sweet stories
that have happened over the past few days
From the last few moments of Grammy's passing
the nurses were right
it was so spirit filled
beyond amazing
Watching my sweet father in law
love her
even when she was gone
he was so transparent

watching the out pour of love and support
I just can't thank everyone enough
from my parents stopping by
and calling
to my grandmother cooking
and the cards
and flowers
and help with the kids
and warm hugs
that linger
thank you
From a pilates class
that allowed me
to just talk
and understand
and cry
we all cried
I feel like this story
is touching so many others
that life truly is a gift
why does death
make us love a little deeper
hold a little tighter
give thanks a little more
I crave my husband
I crave his presence
he is the kindest man I know
I told him today
he makes me feel so secure
My kids smiles
warm my heart
Baylens dimples
Sams smile
Bo's hugs
I am so grateful
for them
The night of the funeral
Kevin was with his dad
but he came home
and hugged me
and we cried
and cried
He told me
that he needed me
I told him that I needed him
it was nice to feel loved
and to be able to give love
at the same time
and know
that they were equally needed
deeply
so
The stories keep coming
the powerful experiences keep happening
and even though I would love to soon forget this hurt
I hope I never forget
the feeling of love
and passion
and need
that I feel
for family
and friends
and I hope I never lose sight
on what is important
ever

No comments:

Post a Comment