Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Lost for words

I am at a lost for words tonight
just don't understand
I know I am not to understand
But that does not make it any easier
Went to see Grammy tonight
That was one of the hardest things
I have seen
Saw a helpless women
in a hospital bed
With one son holding one hand
the other son the other
and a loving husband at the food of the bed
All she could do is moan
help
help me
It is so hard
not being able to help
someone that is hurting
I am amazed with how
similar this is with Walkers death
I do not mean to sound unsensitive compairing the two
But Kevin often does
To see her pain
and we can do nothing about it
shows me
that we gave Walker
the best thing someone could ever do for someone
We gave him such the gift
I am so amazed
how walker showed true love at the very end
he loved kevin so much
he died for Kevin
so he could pave the path
of his pain
Walker was diagnoised July 7th
he battled and fought
up and down
for a little over three months
We had such a hard choice at the end
we wanted to hang on
it was hard to watch
him suffer
we felt that pain
for three months
then
a few weeks before Walker left us
Kevins mom
was diagnosied with practicaly
the same cancer
same prognosis
same treatment options
she showed such love and compassion
for walkers final days
Here we are now
just a little over three months
after Grammys diagnosis
and we are at the same crossroads
She is in pain
she is suffering
It is awful
the thing is
we can do nothing
but pray
and wait
I feel Kevin is strong
becuase his side kick
paved this path for him
it gives me chills
to think about
She is having the exact same problem
that Walker had
It is not a happen stance
God works
when we think he is not
His hand is in everything
I know
that all that matters
is how much I love my family
and how much they love eachother
As I walked out of the hospital
I stroked her hand
She called me mom
as she briefly opened her eyes
In a way
that was the best thing she can say
even if it was probably out nowhere
the fact that her last words to me
may have been mom
it was a compliment
if she sees me as mom
that is all i need
she was and is such a great mom to her boys
if she looks at me as a mom too
and that is what she thinks when she sees me
that is all I need
It was hard to see her
very hard
it was hard to see her in a state
that she told me so many times
that she did not want to be in
she so did not want this
I remember her telling me
she did not want to be a burden
she did not want people just looking at her
she did not want people to be sad
I want to give her that
I want things to happen fast
she her wish is granted
I could not help but to think of Bo and Baylen
holding my hands
like her sons were holding hers
heartbreaking
truly
I pray for strength
guidance
and peace
for everyone
this is a journey
Like I have said before
I have learned so much these past few months
and most importantly
I have learned
that health and a loving family
is all I need
nothing else really matters
no reason to stress
We can't take that with us
we can only leave the ones we love
with warm memories
of how much we loved them...
#3
A trip back from the beach with my three kids, with a big cup of coffee and tons of laughing
A grandmother that was here for me when I needed her most
A sweet little girl that gave me and huge kiss on my cheek tonight, out of nowhere and told me she loved me...

No comments:

Post a Comment