Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wonderful Wednesday

So today I noticed there are so many moms
walking around
looking cute in their fitness clothes
why don't I look cute
I always look sweaty
and mine don't match
I notice moms walking around with coffee cups
If I did that
it would be all over me
I notice moms with really high shoes
and tight cute jeans
I start that way in the morning
But can't get over how silly I feel
That I am dressed cute for
painting and playdough
Balancing lookin cute
and being sane
Balancing wanting that coffee
but acutally getting it into my mouth
balancing wearing workout clothes
but not living in them
and If I do
make sure they look cute and matchy
but not too matchy
because that is so not cute
How come every night when I go to bed
I just want to hug my three kids just one more time
one more little squeeze
I remember all the times during the day that I said
not now
not becuase I needed to read a book
or paint my nails
but because one of the other ones needed something
I wish I could hold hug and cuddle
each of them
each time they called for it
I felt bad
because yesterday was an extra clingy day
I need a solution for the 4-5 hour
Homework for Sam
which is challenging
Bo in tornoado mode
what I mean is this is the hour of the day that he can take a clean room
and yard
and make it look like he had 15 friends over to play with everything he owns
But he also wants to play a game....
which we do,
but it is interupted by lots of mommies
mommy I don't understand number 5
This is also the hour that Piper awakes from her slumber
and is ready to play
bite
chew
eat
and potty
It is also the hour
that Baylen wants to be held and he wants you to give him
snack and more snack and more
So
when I say I wish I could be huggy all the time
When I settle at night
I feel bad that I was not able to be what they needed
all the time
and yes
sometimes I say to them
there is one of me
and four of yall
So
last night when we got into bed
and my sweet husband rolled over and wanted to hug
I had to tell him that I needed time
to not be hugged
this sounds so awful
But I had had a day
where I was touched all day
I was enjoying a moment of not being touched
It is ironic that Piper is in a phase right now
that she bites at your pants leg
and pulls
I drag her through the room attached to my pants
It is how I feel
I am not complaining here
Just noticing that sometimes it is hard to be everything
to everybody
on their time
I am trying during lent to fast from crazy
and do what needs to be done
then move on
enjoy what I am doing
and move on
and try to put me into what I am doing
just a wee bit more
so I can be better to serve all around me
It is a wonderful wednesday
happy kids
story time at the library
and a pretty clean house

No comments:

Post a Comment