Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Doing what has to be done

I think I realized today
that all I really can do
it what has to be done
that is why I have feel so rushed all the time
because I have been doing
what has to be done
and then some
and some more
I just can't do that
If I just do
what has to be done
I think it will fill my day
That must be the key
to beable to be a mommy to the kids
because what has to be done
gets done
leaving out that extra stuff
that I would like to do
not that it is stuff like
getting a pedicure
a massage
going shopping
or watching tv
I am talking about
blogging
organizing
crafting
and such
I am going to just have to say no for a while
and do the minimal
so it all can get done
so I can be present
every moment past three
when the kids get home
I want to get places 1o minutes early
instead of feeling my heart pound
because I am afraid of being 10 minutes late
I want to do what is most important
all the time
finding that balance
I tell you
Its a daily thing
I can tell you one thing
I enjoyed storytime with Baylen
more today then ever before
He sat in my lap
the whole time
and watched
and watched
We sang the songs when he got home
it was AWESOME
I talked with Bo's teacher today
I continue to be amazed with her passion for him
I am concerned about him
he is one intense boy
the kindest thing
yet very intense
and can snap
just like that
I want him to know that
that I love him so much
and I think he is the neatest
most unique little thing I ever saw
I enjoy watching Samantha
try to be so good
which she is
she is so good
I don't think
I could ever
ever
get mad at her
She is so sweet
so sweet
Baylen
you continue each day
to blow me away
with how smart you are
so smart
And piper
I am still having a hard time
to keep you or not
I am thinking way to much
I am trying to control
I want you to be Riley and Walker
and that is not fair to you
I want you to be you
I need to come to grips with that
I hope I will soon
It was a good day
A good Feb 1st
I did what had to be done
nothing more
that is my goal
and I also want to think
about what is right in front of me
and not over think
or over do
but find that balance
and just live it out
and trust
that it is in His hands

No comments:

Post a Comment