Saturday, February 18, 2012

Layer By Layer

I feel like I am like one of those yummy biscuits
that my mom use to make
that you peel off layer
by layer
and the layers keep coming off
and right when you think you got the last one
there is still more
You think the first layer is good
and then you find that the next is a little different
it gets better
and better
each layer
Well
that is how I feel
I spent most of my day
watching home videos with my kids
It was hard to watch
I miss it
I miss the kids little
time goes way to fast
way to fast
I want all of that back
but
something that I did notice
is that I feel like I am a far better mom
then I was
in the videos
when I was barely a mom
I feel like many layers have been pulled away
unveiling me
the true me
that God wants me to be
I feel like He is working so hard
to get down to the true me
I feel like I have been peeled away a bit
and each layer
the real me
is discovered even more
Each experience
each situation
has taken away
yet revealed
so much
I feel like each new event
I am able
to feel more comfortable
in my own skin
and just not try to make everyone think one thing
but actually be
what I need to be
at that moment
It is amazing
how a new outlook
a real outlook
has made a world of difference
Sam and I had a great date today...
at the gym meet
she said she wished she was still little
I told her I know what she means
I know her heart
I feel the same thing
I told her that if you look at what you do have
it far outweighs
what we don't have
and even though it is easy to mourn the past
we must enjoy our moment now
and look forward to the fun ahead
Sam sat in the rain
in the dark
with an umbrella
in Riley and Walkers garden tonight
and cried
really cried
It was her first real cry
since they have gone
She said she missed her first best friends
it broke my heart
we had a hard time tonight
missing what we did not have anymore
but
now we are sitting in the den
with the windows open
listening to the rain
eating popcorn and chocolate kisses
watching a movie
and for the first time
Piper is laying in between us
on her back
on the sofa
Walker style
and it feels good
She asked me if I could always hold her like a baby
I told her it would make my day
and just as she was wishing it was only her
her brothers made her laugh
and then Aunt Ann called
and said she found Samantha some
pink
loud
sparkly boots
at the consignment shop that Grammy always went to
she got them
for her
and said that she was going to continue
to get Samantha clothes
just like Grammy would...
and that sweet smile came through
and we were good
for the moment
enjoying tonight
and not thinking to much about tomorrow
one day at a time
what a gift

No comments:

Post a Comment