Thursday, February 9, 2012

hard to keep the pace

Kinda ironic

That my post did not post last night

It was titled

hard to keep the pace

and I guess since my pace was so fast

I forgot to post

the blog

wow

that has never happened before

so here is what I wrote last night

which seemed crazy then,

compared to the day I have had today

but that is for later....


So

this pace that I am keeping hear

reminds me of running cross country in college

it is one of those races

that you are in about mile 2

where you feel you are going so fast

your legs are turning over so quickly

your breathing is deep

you are focused

and you feel like you just could not go much faster

maybe a little

but you know you can't sprint

because you have too much left in the race

you are right there in that zone

between super fast

that it is no way comfortable

yet not breathless

where you pass out

yeah

that is how I feel right now

I feel like I am in that race

but for some reason

it is not a 5k

if feels more like a 50k

but that is good

because I always wanted the long distanance races

I will keep the pace

Just like God has instucted me

there is muddy roads

turns

and people to pass

but I will keep trucking it

I like running

just like I like this life I am living

but I am ready to cross the finish line

and get back to just a nice easy jog

I have to laugh at myself

it seems right when I think the finish line is near

the pace picks up again

and if I don't want to runners to get away

I have to keep the pace

So

like today

when being a race director threw a huge pile of entries my way

and when Kevin left yet again

for his grandmothers funeral

and when Baylen wanted to play

Piper needed out

Souper Supper at our church had to be served

normal house hold chores had to be done

shoes needed to bought

and groceries

emails

phone calls

texts

fitness classes had to be taught

Bo needed markers

Sam needed help on her drawing

and her speech

and her spelling test

vocab test

and homework

the pace quickly picked up

and the fact

that I was trying to be so many things all I once

I often worry

if I am enough

I enjoy

but I want everyone to know

that 100 percent

is to them

at that moment

and I still wonder

how is that done

Someone or something

always feels slighted

I wish everyone could be in everyones shoes

and see that we all

are in our own race

all the time

Some of us are warming up

some in mile two

and some sprinting

like our life depends on it

I just wish we would understand

that we are all in the togehter

and even though one race may be easy for you

if may not be for the one next to you

and vis versa

I just hope

that everyone around me

my kids included

know that I promise

I am giving it my all

trying to balance

and don't think

I am a total nut case

I have a new appreciation

for all those people I use to judge

wondering what is there problem

or think

how could they...

now I know

that I really don't know

what they have been delt right then

so I now

just give a smile

and a positive comment

and ask if they need help

My goal

is to keep this pace

as long as I can

I know I will get a break soon

unless I am in a marathon

we will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment