Saturday, February 4, 2012

Big Girl Pants

Today I decided to put my big girl pants on
Everyone has been catering to me
for a while now
I have had saddness
for nine months now
everyone has been there for me
everyone has listened
I have talked and talked
and they have listened and listened
now it is my turn
to put my big girl pants on
and instead of taking
and looking
for what makes me feel better
I am taking the plunge
way out of my comfort zone
and just listening to others
instead of my own inner voice
that has been haunting me
all week
I have not had a single soul
tell me
I should not get this puppy
but even with tons of yes's
I say no
a million and one times
I miss my dogs
I want my dogs
but
I can't
and will never
have them back
the thing that I do have
is memories
their pictures are in every room
their faces are in my every thought
that will never change
what I have decided though is
I can't get another dog
that looks like them
so I can pretend
that they are here
that is not good
for anyone
I need to let them be part of my past
living in the present
with memories
not being recreated
with something
that they are not
so
I am keeping the puppy
against my gut feel
because I have learned
my gut feel
sometimes is a bit warped
I am thinking of my kids
and my husband
and even though we have so much joy
that we don't need this dog to have joy
I need to let them know
that I can move forward
and not stay stuck
not saying that I am forgetting
but I am not letting myself
not live
I am too happy
with my life
to be stuck
I feel
until I take this step
and learn to love again
I will be stuck
forever
I need to show myself
that I have enough love to give
a new friend
not taking their place
but allowing them to live
by loving again
not instead
but more
I am not sure this even makes since to me
but I do know
that my kids
and my husband
mean the world to me
and I do not want to disapoint them
I did not want to take that chance
So
but putting my big girl pants on
I am not having regrets
I am not thinking what ifs
or if I onlys
I am living
pressing forward
and trusting
that the choices I make
are in line
with Gods mighty plan






No comments:

Post a Comment