Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wonderful Wednesday

Today was a great day
My life is truly wonderful
The thing is
today was quite UN eventful
and that is what made it wonderful
I find it neat
that here on ash Wednesday
I am feeling peace
I feel like sermons at church have really spoken to me lately
big time
I will blog in detail about them in my devotional posts
but really
as our ministers are talking about letting go
and letting god
and knowing that we are sinners
and that we are not perfect
and that lent is a time of sadness
but also a time
to realize that no
we don't have it together
none of us do
and because of that
it reminds us
that we need god
I feel like i got it all done today
because I did not set myself up
to get it all done
we just did
It was wonderful when...
we went to story time
when baylen would take a running start and leap into my arms
when Samantha layed on me in church
when bo said it was the best day of his life (when nothing really happened)
when my mom took baylen just for a bit
and I thought it was okay
and I was a little ahead of schedule
with all that needed to get done
a clean house
nice weather
feeling simple
really simple
I have so many plans for lent
so many
but in a simple way

I plan to do everything in moderation
food
thinking
everything
I will not over indulgent in anything
and that includes trying to be just right
all the time
I will take help
I will not eat too much of anything
I will let others do
and not try to over do
I will pray
pray a lot
and try and form a habit
of showing God how much I need him
and will give him each day
I will do what has to be done
and if it does not get done
that is okay too
I will live simply
And I know
I will fail
I will forget
I will neglect
I will start over
because that is what it is all about
knowing that we are not perfect
and that we will mess up
the key is
that you try again
over and over again
and one day
that will stick
and we got it
and we can move on
trying to make something else work
until we lose the first habit
and start yet again
So this lent
I will like a life where I know I need God
I can't do it on my own
I am not better then anyone
and no one is better then me
I will ask for help
I will help
I will live and love
simply
Knowing
I will fail
many
many times
but I will
keep
trying

No comments:

Post a Comment