Friday, February 24, 2012

Thankful Thursday

So here I go
already behind
It is really Friday
but I did not post last night
becuase I was counting out 456 t-shirts for a race that I am directing
I know excuses
My OCD was rearing its ugly head
I want all 456 people to be perfectly happy
Even though I know
this will never happen
but I am still striving for perfection
I still spend hours counting
rechecking
and counting again
This nice rainy day
I am consumed with perfection
But I did stop myself
just now
and made myself eat lunch
and I will stop
to take a shower
and look nice
for me
Even though I usually like to cut it to the wire
and run myself ragged
I am trying
Even though I am behind and a lot of my goals
I will stick to them
These 40 days of lent are about when you fail
you try again
I am thankful
that I have this time
to really think about
how I treat myself
so I can be better to others
I need to make sure
that I know that God has it under control
and in the long run
does it really matter if someone gets the wrong shirt size
no
it really does not
but it does matter if I get frustrated with my kids
or others
because I am stressed.
So thankful for realizing this

Thank ful for the rain
and friends
and coffee....

No comments:

Post a Comment