Monday, August 8, 2011

First Day of School

So today was the first day of school for Samantha and Bo! It was a big day! They were very excited to go...not problems! Bo did not want me to hold his hand, he said, Mom I got this! He went straight to play playdough. I was out of that room in about two minutes. I found myself with excuses to go back in. Can't beleive my boy did not need his momma! I should be happy I know, but I kinda wanted to be needed....how did five years go so fast? Went upstairs and Samantha went right in, after six first days, the 7th first day experience worked like a charm...the six others there were tears, lots of them...but not this year, mom, I got this yet again. As I went into the parking lot, not able to hold Baylen due to surgery, I felt strangly VERY un-needed. Wow, hard day for a mommy...Walker needed me though. And so did my jittery joes coffee, that I said I deserved since it had been such a hard morning! I got the clear today that I could hold Baylen, wow that felt AMAZING!!!! It could not have happened on a more perfect day! I watched the clock all day and 2:30 finally arrived. The kids were so excited to get into the car Sam: "Mom, that was the best day I have ever had" Bo: "It was awesome and there was two hamsters, yea, thats right". Huge smiles and talking a mile a minute! Remember like it was yesterday when Bo had to listen to sam rattle on about her day, but today was his turn too! He said he got two breakfastes, guess Bo wanted to eat again....when the teacher took the kids to the lunchroom. Sam was excited about every part of her day, I don't think a smile left her face today, and Bo was tuckered out!!!! Great Great day....Thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment