Sunday, August 21, 2011

pool



A fun day at the pool....Uncle Andrew and Aunt Ginny joined us with Caleb and Hudson. Baylen was sporting some pretty cool hair. He was also eating everything is sight. Samantha had so much fun jumping in and being thrown in. The pool is so much fun. We had a great day starting with church, Sunday school, playing in the yard and then the pool. I really love the weekends but am ready for the routine of a week day. Walker got much better today. He was obviously from the posts earlier feeling much better this afternoon. He is sleeping at the moment right now after a big day in the yard and at the pool. Kids are in bed and it is 8:01. Time to relax with a glass of wine and prepare for the next day. I have been thinking a lot today about how grateful I am. It is amazing how right when you start to get worried and bogged down on what you have to do or need to do, it is amazing how if you just change your perspective to what I get to do and would like to do....there are so many a lot worse off. I heard two things today from our youth pastor. One, your parents are the most influential people in your lives, even though there is so many others out there trying to get our kids attention, parents are number one. This is so true. I feel this way about mine. I want to please them and have them proud of me. I still look at them for guidance and approval. It is amazing that our kids do the same for us. Even though sometimes I feel I am not making a difference and wonder if I am getting through to them, I am. It will stick. Consistency is the key. I just want them to know that they are loved and that I would do anything for them, yet I want them to know to be kind and grateful. what a hard balance. I also learned that when you think you want to write a book about something because you have so many ahh haa moments, really someone else out there has probably already written it, and there is no way we can read everything. This is the trust things again, we have to trust God that we will stumble upon the right things at the right time. He will lead up where we need to go, and put people in our life that need to be put there. It is so much easier to just sit back and let life happen rather then trying to control it all the time. My goal for the week is to just do, not wonder, think to much or over analyse, but just be where I am to be, when I am to be there and not really worry about much else. Just be.

No comments:

Post a Comment