Tuesday, August 23, 2011

corn on the cob




Relaxing day, not hurry, not much frustration, pretty good. Bo was in a odd mood, but other then that, all good. Had a conversation with Samantha today that it is perfect that we call her pepper because sometimes she is a sweet pepper and sometimes she is a hot pepper. It really fits her perfectly. I love days like today, I went nowhere. Other then taking the kids to school and going to the pool, we did not leave the house. I often wonder where the day goes, but it goes. It is so great not having to leave Baylen or Walker, I am such a homebody. I truly love days that are not busy. Baylen had so much fun today just rolling a ball back and forth to me, he loved it. He also loves when you crawl on your hands and knees and chase him. He gets this deep belly laugh going. He is such a joy and so fun. He truly is the happiest person I know. Everyday when I put him down for a nap I just can't believe the fact that he reaches for his crib, he wants to go in and I have to wake him after three hours. I know this too will pass, but right now I can't stress how much I enjoy being with him all day, and then getting everything and more done while he sleeps. It is like gold. I feel rich. I can't ask for anything more then having my kids happy in school, home with a toddler and my doggies. It was pretty cute watching Baylen toddle around in his "jean" diaper today. Wow, those legs.
When Bo got off the bus today he was not wearing the pants that I sent him in...he was wearing some stone washed short "lee" jeans. He said, mommy I missed when I went potty. I should have taken a picture, but I did not want him to think it was odd. Wow, I really hope nobody thinks I put him in those. Flashback from the eighties big time! It was even better that today I even let him wear his superhero shirt to school, but I dressed it up a bit with his nice polo khakis...never mind that..it was classic. Bo was very excited about how I surprised him with his very first ever "lunchable" for lunch. It was one of those that comes with the ham, bread and cheese and you build your own sandwich. When we were walking from the bus he said, mom, that lunch was totally awesome. Was I suppose to put the rice crispie treat on the sandwich, I said no buddy did you? He said no, I had it for my dessert, but what was the spread stuff in a packet? I told him you put it on your sandwich, he said it was so good...Bo's first experience with Mayo...it was a hit! It was a great conversation...our conversations from the bus stop are always super...Bo usually ends every question I ask with "of course I did". The whole time we walk back he is searching for bugs. Sam on the other hand is racing as fast as she can to get to the tv and cookies. It was a good day, a very good day. We ended it at the pool, which was fun. It was amazing how for a while there I was watching Sam do a skit to "I'm a barbie girl" as she jumped into the pool, while I was dunking Bo and doing my best to act like a zombie or whatever it was I was to be, throwing a ball to Walker that he seemed to bring back each milli-second and make sure Baylen did not jump in on his own since is new fav thing is to jump in the water. It was chaos, but good chaos. As I was leaving the pool with three kids in the back and a happy tired dog I realized that I know I will be sad soon. When Walker is not here I will feel that void that I hurt so bad when I lost Riley. The only think that helped the pain was Walker being around. I dred the hole that I will feel when he is gone. I just can't think about it, I want to prepare myself though. It is like I have the perfect puzzle, yet we will be missing not just one piece, but two pieces. I guess it is kinda like puzzles we have at our house, we are missing pieces to them, but I know they are around somewhere. Riley and Walker may not fit into our puzzle anymore like I would like them too, but they are still around. They will always be, the may be missing, where I can't find them, but they are there.
I am thankful for...
#12 Perfect blue skies..
#13 A cleaned out car
$14 A glass of red wine
#15 A husband that works so hard for his family
#16 A family that lives so close so I don't have to miss them

No comments:

Post a Comment