Thursday, August 18, 2011

Feeling old now



Samantha focused on anything other then what I am trying to tell her, I even took this picture without her noticing...she gets this from her daddy








Baylen is busted! He crawled up into Samanthas bed after she went to school and got a lovie fix





 
Yes, this is the types of things our dogs have to endure...
Bo lost a tooth a few days ago, number two!!!
Still very difficult for Bo to ever smile for the camera!
I have had a million things run through my mind today. Samantha, you are such a sweet girl. Your emotions amaze me and you are only eight. We have our hands full. You can be so happy then so sad within a few minutes. I love how passionate you are. Your emotion sometimes in draining to me, but it is better then having no emotion at all. You really are a mini me. We just got to work on some gratitude and positive thinking, but believe me that is a daily struggle to mommy too! You really make me laugh, you love deep and I love that about you. You are kind hearted even though you are easily annoyed. I am glad you are my best friend and I hope you know how much I love you and will be here for you, even when you yell at me. I can take the beating. Bo, you have got to have the sweetest heart of anyone I know, but the stories you make up are going to make your nose grow! You were so proud today when you brought walker to school. It was just like the book "Boomer Goes to School" We will always remember that! I love when you get mad or really excited the little vein in your neck pops out. I love that you are missing a bottom tooth. I love that you love to be outside and catch bugs and never wear shoes and when you do they are on the wrong feet. I love that you don't hold a grudge and usually just roll with the punches. You have a temper though, often are in your own little world and many look at you with a raised eyebrow, but I get ya, you are my sweet boy and it melts my heart every time you tell me "I love ya moma" Which you say on the hour, I love you too buddy. Baylen, Baylen, thank you for saying Mama today, it made my day. We had so much fun playing in your room and outside with Walker. You got your first skint knee today, I love how you dust it off. You were very confused about the rain today, it was like you were taking a shower outside. :)

Things I love....
Working out in the early morning and being finished and watching the sunrise on the drive home
Seeing Walker greet me at the door when I come in
Fixing a cup of coffee that is just right
Getting the kids to school not having to rush, and things go smoothly not forgetting anything or anybody

Eating lunch with Bo and having him tell me that when the lights are turned off that means we are on zero and if I talk I will go to the principals office and get a paddle. (again working on the made up stories)

Remembering how much I do not like the smell of milk in the school milk cartons, takes me right back there!

Taking your dog to show and tell and making your childs day, something he will remember forever!

Seeing Samantha on the playground and getting a hug, yea...still not too cool for mommy!

Coming home to see Baylen is just a shirt, diaper and fat legs

Having nowhere to go after school and just drinking coffee hanging with the kids pulling out new things we have not played with in a while

Seeing walker run in the yard as if he is in no pain!

Playing in the playhouse, just love it! So cute and cozy

making warm cookies and sipping milk with the kids when they get home

Waiting at the bus stop for Walker and seeing how excited he gets when he hears the bus

Going to the pool at night and getting in pjs, coming how reading books and ahhh glass of red wine

I thought today about how blessed I am that things work out the way that they do. It is amazing how if something was altered just a little bit then things would be different. I think back to if Kevin and I had never met, then I would not have my three beautiful children and my dogs. I can not imagine another life. If my parents had not gotten married, I would not be here, same for Kevin and his parents. It is so humbling to think about that. When we wonder if we should trust God with our plans, I think of this. Of course! Look at what his plans have done...when we think we knew, every one of the things that have happened molded me into what I am today. Thank you God for putting my grandparents together, my parents, kevins parents and Kevin and I. Help me to have all things in perspective and give thanks everyday. Help me not to be sad when things don't go the way I plan, or I am sad because time is going too fast. Let me be happy in the moments and know that the future moments will be amazing too with you by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment