Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Rosey Day

Today was a Rosey kind of day
Started off by going to my mother in laws school
for awards day
It was Pop Pop
Anna
Susan and I
and Phoebe and Samantha
It was a very sweet ceremony
and presentation of the Martha Brodrick Award
The words that said about her
were very moving
The boy that won it
was a runner
and the sweetest little thing you ever did see
I felt she was there watching
The roses you see here
are the roses that they gave Samantha and I
They gave them to all of us
Pretty special
I know that Grammy could smell them
and was so proud
It still is so weird
not having her here
It will hit me each day
at different times
the phone call in the day
to check on the kids
or to invite to an impromt dinner
When I notice a picture of her
I swear she is still here
It is chilling
So
I was a special day
to be surrounded by people that honored her
to be in the school that she loved so very much

The rest of our day was great too
Samanthas first day home for summer
She and Bo played great together
He told her that she was the best sister ever
we will see how long this last
baylen was feeling kinds puney
But Sam is so sweet to him and loved on him so much
Other then still feeling very very green
life is good
very good
food lately you ask....
runts or sweet tarts
cinemon gum
Varsity onion rings (then so sick after)
cool ranch doritos (only cool ranch)
frosted flakes

thinking two more weeks of this
I hope
ready to not feel like I have the stomach bug
or hang over
all day
every day
But
I refuse to be negative
this is so okay
I am so blessed
and so happy
so I can barf all day
Baylen can whine all day
Piper can bite all day
and Bo and Sam can bicker
but I am smiling
because it all is just a bleep in the big map
and one day I will miss the barfy days (well probably not)
And pipers puppy days
Baylens clingy days
and a quiet house with not sibling picking...
so now...
I am enjoying the good,,,annoying...and everything inbeween

No comments:

Post a Comment