Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Awesome Blog...that I read

I came across a blog...It was AWESOME
It was all about choosing your kids over your phone
I rest my case on everyone that gets frustrated with me when I do not answer my phone
I am with me kids
I also don't like the tv
Really my big distraction is pinetrest, my blog and facebook
But I use those to find fun things to do with the kids....record memories...and share with others how awesome they are...
Anyways...here are some highlights about what the blog said...love it

How to Miss a childhood!

Keeping your phone on all the time an always answering it while your child is in mid sentance
Playing your new app on your phone instead of playing ball in the yard
While you are waiting at a restaurant pulling your phone out to check messages instead of just talking to you child
Check your phone first thing in the am before you even kiss or hug your kids
Look up everyonce in a while to see your child play sports...thinking they don't notice
Reading texts at stoplights....not reading at night time because you are in a hurry to get online, pushing your child on the swing, as you check texts, reply to their questions with,,,uh huh,,,they so notice you are not focused..having your phone to your ear when they get into the car...or walk in the door

How to Grasp a Childhood

Look into their eyes when they talk to you
Hold their hand, rub their back, pat their head as they lay on you
Greet them like you missed them when they were not with you
Play with them
Show them that when you drive you are distraction free

I love love this

No comments:

Post a Comment