Thursday, May 31, 2012

Devotion and beach pics

Colos 1:9-12
I pray for stength for God to get me through what God gives me
Not gritting my teeth through it
But joy that spills over
Life is about learning when we cease to learn
We cease to grow we are are not learning from hard times

We  can grow if we do our best
when We listen to others
Surround ourselves with those that lift us up
Show me what I need to do
I want to learn on a daily basis

I thought today about how our life is full of times like this when we think it is the worst ever
I few memories come up
The sleepless nights of a newborn
days after hernia surgery finding out you dog has cancer
and then gets sick in the back of a car
with your whole family
can it get any worse
Going off to college thinking life will never be okay
having a new baby and wondering if they others know they are loved
leaving loved ones
bad moods
things not going how you planned
days and days of rain
stomach flu
a really dirty house
grumpy kids
plans that change
death of loved ones
dug up gardens
guilt
As I was saying
there are may times
we are low
low
low
but according to this devotion
we learn from these times
Will we always find joy
no
but It is my goal to seek it
Seek in and when I am not joyful
hunker down
and try again
God reveals something in all heartaches
everytime


Psalm 22:22-24, 26,31
Dissapointment sometimes is a gift
It is so hard sometimes when we are judged by people
It is so important to focus on what we do have
Sometimes dissapoitment is the best gift we can be given
It keeps us humble
God is in charge
and we are not
Focus on the good in each day
Wat God has given us rather then what the world keeps from us
He does what he promises
God is eternal
Think of the greater goals

Hold Fast (Isaiah 40:27)
God does not come and go
God lasts
wait on the Lord and renew your strength
Spread your wings and soar
Some days life batters us like the wind
It threathens to steal our very breath
Make your steps strong!














No comments:

Post a Comment