Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wednesday Wonderful part two

I have to say I had one of those days
that God was so at work
It was one of those days where things were going one way
and then bam
another
and them back to the original way
then bam
then back
and ended it with a bible study
which brought it all back into perspective
So what I mean is...
it was really calm this afternoon
I even took a walk in the perfect weather
pushing Baylen
and walking Piper
both were so perfect
even if we passed many dogs
and Baylen dropped his snack a few minutes out
they were perfect
When I got home
things were still calm
all the chores were done
no the kids did not do them
I had gotten the done earlier
Anyway
I pulled out a game
the three kids and I sat on the floor
and played games
Piper did not even try to attack
not once
It was perfect
We needed to go to choir in twenty minutes
no big deal
Until
Sam could not find her shoe
Baylen had a dirty diaper
and Bo had a BIG problem with having to go the church
Lets just say
things turned a little less calm
we did get in the car
and I listened to three kids
fight the whole way
I mean the whole way
When we got there
Baylen did one of his go limp moves
and would not walk
So I carried him
while trying to keep Bo from running into the street
with Samantha yelling at me
come on mom
I don't want to be late
But I felt something wet on my side
No it was not baylen
But the black beans
that were leaking from my bag
from the picnic dinner that I had packed for after choir
I could hear someone on my phone saying
Katy are you there
I guess something in my bag answered the phone
all I could say is
no I am not here
I don't know where I am
So
Sam went on
and I took the boys to a nursery
which did not go well
and while my heart was breaking walking down the hall
and a million reasons why I should not be walking away from my crying baby
I walked into the sanctuary
to sit next to me first born
and go right into singing a song about mothers
and how they make the kids who they are
My heart felt better
circling me right back from calm
to crazy
back to calm
I took a deep breath
and thanked God for the crazy
because It made me appreciate the calm that much more
Things were fine when I picked the boys up
they were so fine
I headed to bible study
and it was amazing
We continued from the book Fearless
which is so great
We talked tongiht about the many seasons we go through in life
We don't seem to fret when we go from summer to fall
from fall to winter
and winter to spring
It is change
but for some reason we don't freak out
it is because we know it is coming
the thing is life is the same way
God never told us that we would not have different seasons of life
He just told us that he would be there with us during the change
While everything around us changes
He stays the same
We focused on Ecc. verses about there is a time for everything
It was so neat to go word for word
really seeing how we will go through each of these seasons
birth and death
sow and harvest
grief and dance
the list goes on and on
We will not always be in winter
even though it may feel that way
just like when we are in summer
we should enjoy and not fret over the coming winter
but know that when it comes
we will see it though
and be okay
and know the warmth will come again
It is from the seasons of change
and the hardships we go through
that make us who we are
We talked of a seed
how a seed is part of a fruit
and when the fruit is cut
the seed dies
It is a dead seed
yet when you plant the seed
it produces new life
this is amazing
something we don't think about each day
but this is so profound
right before our eyes
we have death
that turns to life
just like when Jesus died
and came to life
just like when we are dead and feel so low
we come back
and have joy again
and just like we will never die
we will live forever
So all in all
it showed me just like the seasons
sometimes we may think we are in one
but we can quickly go into another
just like somethimes its 40 in april and 70 in December
not all change we see coming
all we can do is pray for peace
and just let it happen
and know
that there is a time for everything
change is good
its all how you look at it

No comments:

Post a Comment