Thursday, April 19, 2012

puppies and babies

I was thinking this morning that puppies are a lot like toddlers
I do not know what drove me more crazy
My four month old puppy that was running around the house like she was on something
Or my almost two year old
that was whining
so helplessly
at the fridge
for his fourth bottle of milk
Or...
the fact that my four month old puppy kept stealing random things like
hairbrushes
barbies
shoes
blocks
and running as fast as she could under our bed
Or the fact that my almost two year old did not want to wear clothes
and was very determined to pull them off
no matter what I put on him
saying..no mommy no
Or...
That my four month old puppy likes to nip at my ankles
every step that I take
Or my two year old sweet boy
that lays down
and goes limp
because he can't communicate to me
exaclty what he wants
at that very moment
I think maybe it was because
he did not know....
But
as all things
these things shall pass
and that is what makes me kinda sad
because
as frustrating as these things are
and even though it is like having twins to raise
there are more blessings then frustraions
Like going to Baby Music Jam at the library this morning
We all sat in a huge circle
and the toddlers grabbed different instruments
AND JAMMED
it was awesome
I loved watching Baylen dance
with a pacey
and three goldfish saved in his hands
How he would come back every few minutes to sit in my lap
home base
safe and secure
I love that he wants to walk by himself
get into the car
and love on lovey
as we drive home
I often wonder what he is thinking in that head of his
looking out the window
amazing how moods can change
Not any different then grown ups really
We come home to
Our puppy
now curled up
asleep
looking all sweet
so
goes to prove
that we must focus on the good
not the bad
that we all have our toddler puppy moments
Just makes us enjoy the calmness that much more

No comments:

Post a Comment