Thursday, April 26, 2012

Control

Control
we really have none
the only thing I really can control
the temperature I set the house at
what I buy at the grocery store
What I choose to do for exercise for the day
Where I drive my car or do with my day
But as I right that short list I think
the heater could go out
and my car could break down on the way to the store
or my kids could have a melt down and we do not go where we had planned
or I could feel sick or get injured and not be able to workout
so
really I don't even have control over what I think I have control over
I don't even have control over my kids
I can think I do

and I can try to
but they can choose to rebel
run away
or cry
or better
mind
which they usually do
but still
not my control
Why do I still try to have the control
Why do I still focus on what I can do nothing about
instead of just cruising and trusting
the concept seems so simple
so nice
so freeing
but to get that peace
is so hard
I tell you what is easy
to look at others and think their problems are so silly
to watch others do exaclty what I do
yet they seem so pety
Why is it that my issues seem real
and others not so much
How can I read the scripture
teach the word
want so badly to live it
but I struggle
I know
I know
becuase being a christian is not easy
it is an uphill climb
it is in our trials that we lean on our faith the most
we just don't see it until afterwards
I think I am hypersensitive right now
A year ago riley was at the vet
it was a night just like this
It really will be this Saturday night
but it was a Thursday night last year
I feel like I am closing in on the first year that started all of my losses
Kevin told me tonight
you know we have hard times all of our lives
times we really loose control
I could not control losing a baby a few months into our marriage
I could not control it taking four long years to get my sweet Samantha
but it is easy to look back and understand
that she was worth the wait
and I think thank goodness I did not have control
or I would not have her
I could not control that I lost her twin
I could not control that We got Bo
kinda a surprise
did not think it was possible without help
but he came on his time
and again
not in control
yet so grateful
Baylen too...
thought why is a few months going by
no baby
and then now...
yes
yet again
so glad I was not in control
Jobs changed
freaked out
now see
all good
the list goes on and on
on situations that you feel are hopeless
and you are out of control
yet you see the silver lining
that it was better that you were not
Kevins point was
our past year has been hard
because we have been slapped pretty hard with out of our control
riley
Walker
Grammy
and
still have not seen a silver lining
Three things have happend
not in our control
and yet
still waiting for that
oh
okay
all is good
I know that our family is closer
and that I don't let the little things get to me
but still
it has caused me to be in a bit of a panic
wondering if the loss will continue
I know it was just a season
I know
but it is hard to trust
that it is okay for things to be okay
and even if they are not
they are
I treasure my three children more then ever
they three are the three miracles in my life
God blessed me so much
I get sad when I don't spend every single moment thinking and remembering
every little thing about how great the are
I know it
but I don't ever want to forget what miracles they are
really
I want to be free
and just enjoy
I say it all the time
but I want to do it with out thinking
never being sad that time seems to fly
but insead looking forward to what is to come
instead of being stuck in the what if
oh no
did I do
world
I guess I am being tested yet again
I know I am
I am determined to pass this test
I will let go
I will gain peace
it is a journey
good thing I am a distance runner
wishing lately that I was a sprinter
ready for this journey is be over
so I can enjoy the moment

No comments:

Post a Comment