Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday Freenzy


So I reflected on a
few things today
I try way to hard to be
perfect
I read others blogs
and want to be as good
I see other moms and want to be
well, as good
I see websites and want
to do it all
I see my kids
and want to give them
every moment
of my time
without
ever raising my voice
I want to write thank-you notes
all day long
to let others know
how much they mean to me
I don't want to ever get
that flutter feeling
in my chest
you know the panic feeling
that I am in a rush,
or that everything is not perfect
I want to enjoy
and not try to be better then anyone
ever
I want to just enjoy
and know that what I am doing
is better
then most
I watched Regis's last day today
I actually teared up
He said this,
he said you do better then most
We don't realize what an impact we have
when we focus so much on what we are not
instead of what we are
Someone once told me
that when you get stressed because you want to
write it all
or say it all
or do it all
not to
because someone else has already
written about it
said it
or is doing it
We don't have to write it all
say it all
or do it all
I have so much to write say and do though
Which reminds me of a verse about
taking it one day at a time
one breath at a time
and not to be anxious
for anything
yes anything
really, anything
Now that is something
that gives me peace.
We had a blessed day
Went shopping for Christmas
Drank coffee
Had a pizza and game night
Missed my Bo at MeMe's
Almost finished Walkers scrapbook
Was it a perfect day
why yes it was...
because it was not perfect
It was better then perfect...

Baylen trying very hard to get all the juice out of his orange....it is his fifth one...after water pizza and strawberries....
Daddy won hands down, and Samantha and I decided he is VERY annoying at this game, it made us laugh....but wow!
Samantha being her usual, silly, after daddy, yet again one another game, this time Princess Wishes, which Samantha decided would be fun to put on as eyes...kinda spooky, you can't see this but she is wearing full on ariel pj's....and yes she picked a princess game...made mommies night...oh yea!
Who said you have to spend 20 bucks and two strawberry margareta's! These are hot off the press from Katy's kitchen.....I even threw in the strawberry....and no I did not give one to Samantha....
Baylen enjoyed his bath with Sam, it was amazing with Bo gone how quiet and un eventful it was...and there was still water in the tub when they were done
This is one of thirty magazines the kids have gone through in the past week, love it so much! They have been so circled, and cut and loved....
Here is Samantha's final top ten list...after many drafts....yet she informed me that she was not doing her final copy until tomorrow. Note two very important details...First, she scratched out her numbers where she ranked them...she so is me, and no I did not teach her that. Second, she has a "rock tumbler" and and "Snoopy snow cone maker" on her list, may I say those are two items I always had on my list and never got...so funny...note she will not be getting either...


#11 sales at toy stores
#12 when the dishwasher is full and the sink is empty
#13 When the kids do art together at the art table all at the same time
#14 Pizza and game night...at home
#15 A husband that loves me as much as I love him


No comments:

Post a Comment