Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Still at the beach....











Kinda hard to be on a blogging schedule at the beach
So tired at night
just want to fall asleep
I will have to say Baylen went through a two day
I don't know what I should call it
full day tantrum
sleepless  nights
no nap

and many fits
Instead of blogging about it
I chose to let it pass
and blog again
when things were better
and they are
Baylen has actually
been pretty perfect
which is never what I want
I don't want perfect
I just don't want horrible
and yes
he was horrible
just something inbetween
will do
A quote that I really like is
This soon shall pass
So
in the heat of a fit
it will pass
and it does
I just wish the good times did not pass so fast
and the not so good times
went super fast
but it all balances out
I was on a bike ride with Baylen this morning and was thinking of what a struggle it is
to stay in the moment
I often find my mind wondering to the past
past memories of the kids little
the cute things they did
the pictures I will look at
that will bring up a warm thought
or memories of my own childhood
like sandwhiches at the beach
Disney trips
Chistmas mornings
movie nights
pizza night
family time
I find myself wishing for it back
and then
I will just forward
and think of how it will be when all four of ours are grown
and Kevin and I are walking our dogs on the beach
talking about Bo Sam Bay and ?
as adults
and then
I remind myself
the past is the past
and It was good
but it gets better
those memories are ALWAYS with us
they are not gone
we can live them over and over again
I don't have to be sad as my kids grow
we will have new fun things to love and enjoy
and still have the fun memories to revisit at anytime
And as for the future
I am in no rush for that
but it is a fun thing to focus on
for positive thinking
thinking about being 80 or 90 and still going strong
knowing that that will be a fun time to
But for now
I am happy where I am
right now
which is amazing
that I opened to my devotion today
titled
"I think I can"
Psalm 107:4-8
It is a rough day
much to do
little time to do it
You are needed by too many people
There is not enough of you to cover it
If you do indeed give the 150 perccent that they demand
you will break
Piles of laundry
bills
dirty floors and faces
You were suppose to leave an hour ago
but everyone is still in pj's
Sometimes I think it might be nice to be in prison for a day
just to be
I laugh at myself for such insane thoughts
Instead of thinking
I can't do it
I should say I can
We can do all things through Christ
So really we should say
I think He can
So I stop
and ask God
to remind me of all that is good
Think basic
food shelter love light
Don't go big
I want to run away from frustrations and pressures
Help me to take on one thing at a time
this day
Help me see you working through these things that are screaming at me at once

I love love this devotion!
A memory that I want to remember forever...
baylen running after his brother and sister at the pier shops on SSI
he was so proud of himself
saying "here we go"
I hope I remember that little voice forever
Trying on hats
pointing at manicans
saying "whoe"
Bo always in fighting action mode
Samantha always wanting to help
always putting the other one first
always
Watching the kids in the waves on the beach
how silly goggles look on their faces
watching them swim
play on a playground
eat a snack
get a redbox

I hope the little things
are always the big things....


No comments:

Post a Comment