Friday, June 8, 2012

Feeling blessed

Proverbs 22:2-6
"The rich and poor shake hands as equals-
God made them both
A prudent person sees trouble coming and ducks
A simpleton walks in blindly and is clobbered"

I often worry about my kids
am I teaching them right
Am I being hard enough on them that they will learn
but easy on them that they know they are loved
All about balance

Is one too tender
one too stubborn
I don't want them to ever struggle
I want them to know love laughter sucess peace and significance
As moms
we protect our babies
 we want to smooth the way
but scripture says to just point the way and they will okay
I have a hard time trusting that
God wrote the music
He knows what it is suppose to sound like
We teach them how God is always there to cover them with grace
Some will figure it out at eighteen and some at eighty
It all boils down to them and God
We can only set the tempo
I want to give my kids the right tools
to make life easier
I don't want them to face pain
but that is out of my control
Help me focus on what I can do now and give their futures to You
thank you for the gift of each child
the miracle of your creation
Help me remember that you know them before they were born and that your plans for them are plans for good!

Sam got lost on her bike
I will not go into details
because I know I will always remember them
but I thought she was gone forever
this devotion came at perfect time
I had to put it in Gods hands
Instead of going over and over in my head I wish it had happened differently
I know that it was all part of the learning plan
that God has orcastrated
in this journey for each of us
just another reminder
of how
my kids are my everything
and I thank God for them everyday




No comments:

Post a Comment