Saturday, June 30, 2012

The longest Hug

Today when I went to get Samantha from camp something great happened
like really great
like warm feeling starting at you toes going all the way up to your nose great
We watched the little program...
it was so hard not getting my hands on her.
Then
when they were release she ran to me
and hugged me
burried her head in my chest hugged me
did not let go
for over a minute
Just a quick glance
with tears in her eyes
I had never seen that look before
I new it was a mixture of happy tears
and emotional ones
Ones that she had such a great time
but also was overwhelmed by what she had missed
and what she had gained
It was special
to have my girl
and know all about the emotions we have
As her daddy and two brothers looked on
totally not getting how girls think
I thanked God for my sweet girl
someone that I can idenitfy with
and have years to come
to share girly moments
that boys just don't get
I will always remember that hug
It was a hug of pure love
and appreciate for what we have
it may have felt good to her
but what it did for me
made my heart warm...
I am so blessed
with what God has given me...
And tonight
Bo went to spend the night out
but had to come home
because he was homesick
He told me when he got here
He saw a picture of me
and he just could not do it
He had to see the real me
I got a pretty good hug from him too...
it was enough to feed me for weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment