Monday, March 5, 2012

God calm my anxious heart

Why is it
even if I stare at this scripture
all day
I still race
and race
all over in my head

"Be Anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication,
with thanksgiving let your request be known to God"
Phil 4:6

I am praying right now
I out loud as I write
Lord
Help me not to feel like I have to have the answer to everything
I worry so much about doing the right thing
at the right moment
I ask myself quesions like this

Do I eat right?
Why can't I be more diciplined in my devotions?
Why do I not always have nice things to say?
Why do I get moody?
Why do I feel I can't relax if something is not straight?
Why can't I let someone else have the last word, everytime?
Why do I sweat the small stuff
Why do I often look at the glass half empty and see the worst
Why do I question what I do all the time
Why can't I stick to something and Have confience that it is right
Why does my mind go around and around
Why do I try to fix
everything
take on too much
not know when it is real or not real
why can't I just know
that you have it
ALL under control
and that you will lead me
to where I need to go
I pray to you God right now
right this very moment
that you will take away my anxious heart
and give me peace
that I will know what paths to take
and you will help me
by guiding me
everytime
Thank you for my precious family
please help me to look at the big picture
and not sweat the small stuff

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment