Friday, March 9, 2012

And the thunder rolls

And the thunder rolls
and the lightning strikes...
Lord,
I know you tell me that I will either be in a storm
coming out of one
or about to go in

But
This is a pretty big front...
I know your grace is sufficient for me
I know that your power is known in my weakness

I know that through these storms
I am growing stronger
relying on you more
and able to show love and grace like NEVER before
Thank you
for your guidance always
when I decide to listen
and know
that you are right there the whole time
I am the one that falls short
and doubts
and crumbles with guilt
and regret
and worry
You do not want this bad things
they are of the world
you are just here to comfort us
These scriptures came to mind...


Matthew 11:28-30
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy. I will give you rest. I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

1 Cor 10:13
God is faithful and He will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, He will always provide a way of escape, so you will endure it.


Psalm 34:18
The Lord is near the brokenhearted
and saves the crushed in spirit

Psalm 147:3
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds

Isaiah 41:10
Fear not for I am with you
Be not dismayed I am your God
I will strengthen you
I will help you
I will uphold you

1 Peter 4:12
Do not be surprised at the painful trail you are suffering
as though something strange was happening
Rejoice
that you suffer with Christ
So you will be over joyed
when his glory is revealed

Psalm 126:5
Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment