Thursday, December 1, 2011

It's December 1
and I got my full Christmas on
Oh yea
I love how this year
I have a fresh new perspective
I learned that
Christmas is new every year
We are waiting
we are waiting for Jesus to be born
We think
wasn't he born last year
and the year before
But I realized
that it is that waiting feeling
that Christmas is all about
That waiting feeling
that when you run through the door
on Christmas morning
to see what unexpected gifts
that Santa brought
it is that magical feeling
of seeing what is absolutly
unbelievable!
It is receiving that unexpected gift
from someone
that was just so perfect
It is giving that special gift
that you just can't wait
for that person to unwrap
See
it really is new every year
We are still waiting for Jesus to come
come again
and come into our hearts
in ways that he never has before
Opening our eyes
in ways that we have never looked at things before
Yes
this Christmas is different
I truly can say
that all that matters
and that I am focused on
for the first time
is having a sense of waiting
waiting for that perfect gift
that is to be given to me
and that it is not what I expect
of even think I want
But it is given to me
at the right time
the perfect time
and it is my job to just wait
with faith
patience
hope
joy
These past six months there has been heartache
new things that bring sadness happen to our
all the time
We can choose to be sad
question
lash out
or
we can be ready
for what God has in store for us
and will teach us
in this storm
called life
I always look back
and smile
not always with a happy memory of the hurt
but an understanding of how
it molding me
shaped me
and made me who I am
stronger
more grateful
and better then I was the day before
So this season
for the first time
I can honestly say
I am waiting
and excited
about Jesus being born
yet again
because I know
that with all the experiences we have
there is something new
and wonderful
waiting
if we
indeed
wait....
Yes, I did tear up, as I was running down the side walk at the parade tonight, trying to let Samantha see Bo and I as she was dressed like a Polar Bear on the Girl Scouts Float and the Christmas parade...so so cute (she is the one farthest to the right)
Samantha as the Holiday Market at her school, she made scarf's this year...as soon as she sold one, she bought a bag of cookies from the table next to her....
Here is the letter that our Elf left, he was here this morning and brought chocolate advent calendars!
Baylen looks like Bo here to me....
Baylen very excited about knowing where his mouth is
My little man fresh out of the shower
Baylen at story time yesterday...so much fun!
Had a great time today teaching yoga in Sams class and helping with reading groups in Bo's room. Busy but fun day...we ended it with putting our first symbol on our advent calendar and reading a Christmas book....

No comments:

Post a Comment