Monday, December 19, 2011

Fragile

Sometimes I feel so fragile
Like walking on egg shells
that is how it has been lately
You never know when your day starts
how it will end
I guess that is how God wants it
He wants us
to depend on Him
to see what He
reveals
not us
Our job
is to see how we will take our circumstance
and react to it
I love to be around positive people
people that are always smiling
no matter what
they look for the sun
not the rain
they are aware of the rain
but look for that rainbow that will soon apear
I am ready to say goodbye to 2011
and bring 2012 in
with a new outlook
that everyday is a blessing
every moment
and that even when things seem fragile
God is holding that situation in the palm of His hand
Not allowing us to break
It is five days till Christmas
Usually I have it all planned out
but this year
My gift to myself has been
peace
peace in knowing that I can't have it all planned out
things are going to happen the way they are too happen
I can control only so much
things that seemed important before
just really are not
Last year Riley and Walker were here
and Grammy was cooking
This year Riley and Walker are watching us from above
and Grammy is fighting for just one more day
Fragile
Each day is so fragile
It is hard to walk the line of scared and faith
I don't want to feel scared that the storm is not over
I want to have faith that there will be peace during the storm
We are all so much stronger
I feel like I love my kids and family a little deeper
love my husband more then I ever have
love love love him
I am so blessed
it the midst of such saddness
the love of my family
is amazing
truly amazing
I will never forget seeing my father in law
hold my mother in laws hand
with such love and saddness in his eyes
true passion
it was so real
and I
sad by my husband
and felt love and saddness
all wrapped into one
it was such a blessing
to share that moment
so take the time
to tell those you love
that you do truly love them
don't wait
I cherish the conversations
that I have had with Kevin these past few nights
Nothing else matters
As others are running around
for the wrong reasons
I am right here
in the moment
enjoying everything
that is being thrown my way
looking for the positive
in it
God is good
We will all be with him one day
all together
in perfect form
no hurt
no saddness
Just pure perfectness
Until then
I will wait
and enjoy
and love
and give
every moment
of everyday

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this Katy. Every day really is a blessing. I am just praying for peace and acceptance for the family throughout this week. Last night was so hard to be there. I felt like I wanted to run out the door screaming the second I walked through it. It is all so hard to understand. I can't make any sense of this, yet who am I to question God's motives. We will all stand together through this and hold each others hands and hearts and love her unconditinally. Praying for us all.
    Love-Carrie

    ReplyDelete