Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thursday thanksgivings "Broken"

It would seem odd that I would title a thanksgiving Broken
But I think sometimes we have to be broken
for God to put us back together again
I find everyday God reveals to me a new direction
a new way to look at things
a new perspective
 
I have already learned so much through Baylens "broken" leg
I feel it is ironic
that during his physical brokenness
we are all broken mentally and emotionally also
We always have two choices
just like he does
to wallow in self pity
feeling sorry for ourselves
blaming others
like that big kid that fell on him
or being sad and depressed that he can't run and jump
But no
he has chosen to drag himself
and do what he can still do
100 percent of the time
no
there are still angry faces
and tears shed
and help me ma ma at least ten times every half hour
but it shows me
that he is trying to be positive
but as he looks up with his brokenness
with that sweet face and hands outward
I feel like God must feel
How often do we do that in our brokenness
We try to mend our own wounds
Do we drag ourselves across the floor and look up
and say
Help me
We really could learn lots from a two year old
Even though at first it seemed frustrating that he needed so much help
but really
it is awesome
he tries but when he feels he can do no longer
he swallows his pride and knows where his help comes from
So
In our brokenness
do we outstretch our arms to God?
Do we
Why do we carry that burden
God never promised there would not be brokeness
he just promised that he would be with us during it
I think baylen breaking a bone at the same time I am dealing with some
brokenness
is not just happenstance
I do not think so for one minute
It is the holy spirit at work
We are both ready to be healed
ready for Gods guidance in what the next step should be
I know that we are never in safe place
and the second you think you are
you will get hurt
Not saying you should walk around not trusting anyone
but know that you will get hurt
just like we hurt others
the world is full of hurt
My prayer today is that I never hurt others
like I feel I have been hurt
It is my dream not that my kids never feel hurt
because I know that is how they will be strengthended
but that they never cast hurt on others
and if they do
which I know they will
they will own up to it
I pray this for myself to
 
So if you are feeling broken
in anyway
take it as an oppurtuinty to drag yourself across the floor and reach your hands up
and say Lord
Help me
I am tired
show me what you want me to do next
take the burden of the wonder and the anxiety away
and let me know and rest asure
that you got it
and nothing
nothing
happens out of your will
help me to align all of my thoughs with yours


No comments:

Post a Comment