Sunday, April 28, 2013

Learned so much this weekend
Had an amazing weekend with Samantha at mother daughter.
I learned a lot about myself though
I learned that when I think my anxiety is gone...it still is there lurking
I can't believe how uncomfortable I can be when I am out of my comfort zone
My daughter amazes me with how comfortable she is
And I found comfort in that
I was also amazed how God spoke to me all day
At the service at camp this morning Ms. Nanette spoke about being the perfect mom does not mean being perfect
I means just loving your daughter and leaning on God to do the rest
That we have to find the balance of letting them fly and grow
But also wanting to shelter them
To enjoy every single moment
because it goes so so so fast
That we will not get it right all the time
But to ask God to help us and guide us not to be perfect but to fill in the gaps
She spoke of how important camp is to help our girls learn independence
It was so so good to hear
I love that I got to be familiar with where Samantha loves to be

Then on the way home
Chucks sermon was playing in our car
And he too spoke of how we need to not focus on the stuff that does not matter
and focus more on the stuff that does
and how we get bogged down and forget what really matters

And then, at the panel discussion tonight at church...
Your kids grow so fast...enjoy all the moments
It was said that no, we will not be a perfect parent
But what we can do is love our kids unconditionally
and all the rest will take care of it self

I felt with this three messages
coming first thing in the morning ,,mid day...and evening ...it was like God wrapping his giant hands around me saying...
Love your kids....just be there....
Don't worry if you get it right
Just look at them and focus on the here and now
And love love love them
and most importantly
Lean on God
and let him pick up where you let go...

No comments:

Post a Comment