Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tuesday Treasures

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, for his love endures forever  1 Chronicles 16:34

I am giving thanks today
But feel stuck in mud
I have this list of about four things....
Go through my pictures on the computer
Go through all though the kids clothes and organize for summer/fall
get caught up on sermons and devotions
clean the house (that one never changes)
Go through a million pintrest pins
a million and one magazine cut outs
101 recipies
organize the attic
organize my workouts
my closet into cute outfits
make a Grammy box for each of the kids
 
Did I say four things
I lied
the thing is
each day I look at this list and think
I can't get all that done
I do none of it
exact for the clean up the house part
that has to be done
so
I have decided to take it a chunk at a time
I will work hard to get there
And I am sure I will come up with a new list when that is done
not that I forsee it being done anytime soon
My friend recently said she stays off Pintrest because all it does is depress her
She said it reminds her on a daily basis what she is not
cooking
doing
playing
reading
crafting
and making
this is so true
It is so easy to get caught up into thinking you have to do it all
it is very freeing when you look at it as a hobby and inspirtation
not as a I have to do it all
trying to live each day to the fullest
not comparing myelf to everyone else
becuase I know they are doing the same as me
we really are all in the exact same spot
But I do have one question...
how come everyone elses house does not look messy (well some do)
but instead look just lived in and cozy?
 
Treasures....
Story time with Baylen
Playgroup with Baylen
Watching Bo show his teacher his "homework"
Watching Samantha be Samantha....

No comments:

Post a Comment