Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thursday Thanksgivings


Feel like I have so much to say
First of all life really is all about how you look at things
I was super excited to save money shopping this morning
Baylen and I had so much fun
Counting prices and looking for deals
Then on the way home
got a ticket for running a stop sign
125 dollars
And of course I think of all I could buy for my family with that
A weeks worth of groceries
lots of gifts
lots of DQ slushies
a whole soccer season for sam
Karate for Bo
four football games 
But instead

(By this way, this is the second time I am writing this next part because when I was fininshing up my pinkie hit the delete and all was lost but from here up....go figure...BREATH)


Anyway...so instead 
I thought that Riley Walker and Grammy must have been protecting me from something
not sure what
but something
It really is how you look at things....

So I was thinking this morning on the way to my dr. appoitment
which I nearly forgot about
because it did not have to do with the children right in front of me...
I was thinking that I do not take the time to enjoy the kicks
and punches
and feeling of being pregnant
I will find myself looking at newborns 
or pregnant women and thinking
wow, that is awesome...I remember when I had a newborn or was pregnant
and then I remember
I am so serious when I say that
I swear I still am in a dream
I am still not beleiveing it
I know this one must be thinking...
What in the heck is going on out there...
I got to meet the girl that I keep hearing...
that girl that shows so much kindness...can be a drama queen, loves to craft, be on the go and boss the other two voices I hear around...
And that Boy, 
that is very loud
has to be reminded often of things, 
jumps around and leaps a lot
makes scary noises 
and loves to hug my mommy
And that little voice
the one that I hear whining really close toFall be late in the day
that loves to sing and jump
and seems so very smart....
and likes to say no mommy
this way...
yeah
I want to meet those peeps
It must be amazing wanting to bust out to see what this is all about

I noticed the leaves falling as I walked into the doctor
and realized that I love love love
fall
I love 60 degree weather
it puts me in a really good mood
the only time hot is good
is when you have a margaretta and a pool
Fall means football
and family
good food and holidays

I am also thankful for productive days
not today, but yesterday
where for two hours I just worked and worked and worked
got a million and one things done
phone calls
emails
bills paid
coupons clipped
potters house trip
check 
check check
I love talking to the orthaontist one minute for Samamthha
the next minute Bo's karate teacher about his tournament
and the next peditriong appoitments for Baylen
I love talking to Bo's teahers about getting him help wiith school and the next minute looking over samanthas very hard homework
then moving straight over to counting numbers and singing abc's with Baylen
I love love love it

I also love storytime
and the joy it brings to Baylen
watching him jump
find little mouse
and always checking backwards to see if I am still there
I love kids that come in to-to's and batman capes
why not?
I love that there was a man in line at the counter that when told by the man working
"sorry, I will be with you in a moment"
he said, take your time, no big deal
wow
you do not hear that much
why can't we all have that kind of attitute
it was very refreshing...
so
lots of thanksgivings over here


It wasn't just one thing that was causing stress and worry, but a toxic mixture of problems. 
Each day it seemed a new swell of problems engulfed me, adding to the accumulation of my concerns and stress.

It was a long season in which I felt sucked under by a raging current, barely able to hold my head above water. I was completely deflated and helpless, just like that little raft.
During that time, I clung to 
Psalm 46:1-3, "God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. Let the oceans roar and foam. Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge!"

These verses offer wisdom about persevering through our difficult times. They serve as a reminder to stay aware of our need for God, and that none of us are equipped to handle life on our own.
You see, no matter how strong we think we are, there will come a time when stress gets overwhelming and we desperately wish we had somewhere to hide.
God understands what we're going through. His Word promises He will help us in times of trouble. 


Psalm 9:9-10, 
"The Lord also will be a stronghold for the oppressed, A stronghold in times of trouble; And those who know Your name will put their trust in You, For You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You."
 




No comments:

Post a Comment