Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Good ole summer days as a stay at home mom

Did I mention how much I enjoy being a stay at home mom...that is not sarcastic, I am being serious. It is never boring and ever so changing. For instance, I sat down to post this blog and in five minutes before I could type two words, I changed a diaper, sat down, got Samantha more mac'n'chees, sat down, answered the phone, sat down, let Walker out, sat down, put Baylen down for a nap, sat down, got Bo some chocolate milk, sat down and pushed "play" on the movie....this is suppose to be quiet time while mommy blogs and does chores time...while still getting some one on one time with the kids, no wonder Bay's two hour nap goes so fast....
Any hoo, wanted to comment that I love summer time at home with the kids. We have been going to the library a lot, which Kevin thinks is "super cool", now that was sarcastic. Hey, the library totally rocks, free fun for all. And the kids love it! Today we went to a puppet show about Ber' Rabbit, so good. We also checked out new movies and books. Sam and I have been reading our seperate books on the front porch at night, so great! Tomorrow we will go to a magic show...love being a library groupie! Yesterday we went to the kiddie show for a dollar and got candy and popcorn all for just 5 bucks! It was fun to come home and spent the afternoon with nothing to do but build with lego's, drink tea and get our crafts on! Dropped the kids at swim team and Baylen and I went through a stack of mail as he pushed a ball through the grass and I was able to look up every few minutes at Bo giving me a thumbs up after a lap in the pool! Bo, forgot to mention that yesterday he broke his nose while pitching a fit and running into the island in the middle of the kitchen....that boy is sweet as pie, but has a temper! Baylen is pointing at everything and loves his nap. He actually gets excited and laughs when he sees his pack n play and fan. Gotta love that. This morning was awesome hanging in the playhouse before it got really hot, just love being in the front yard and just being. Could see Riley's garden from the playhouse front stoop, we were all together while I read my devotion:
"Being content with your journey" Sometimes we do not focuse on the goal we have such a hurry up attitude of just getting there. Like our kids on a long trip! God is with us always, he wants up to pray to him and ask for help. Are you doing what your true passion is? What is that that you want to do on this earth. Are you doing what your purpose is? Satan is out there throwing road blocks all the time, it is our job to press on, looking forward, not worrying about mistakes we make or how long it takes to get there, but knowing it is a journey and God is right there with as along the way!"

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing other families blogs and I love keeping up with your sweet family. I just started getting back into blogging too...hopefully it will last longer than it did the first time I tried to "blog." Take care and hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete