Monday, July 2, 2012

Counting Back

I find myself counting back a lot.
That is the only way to get anywhere on time
When I have to be somewhere at noon...
then I count back fifteen minutes for travel
fifteen more for Bo to get down the steps
ten minutes for each child to get dressed
ten minutes...or two minutes for me to get dressed
and that is my start time
Lately
I feel it has been hours
That is why at the end of the day
I wonder where the day went
I know we often talk about wanting more time in the day
but really
how does it all get done
I don't mean the little stuff
like laundry, mopping, dishes on and on 
I am over the fact that that never gets done
and when it is done
a new pile awaits you the next day
I am talking about counting back so each child gets a bedtime story
some warm milk
hug kiss and prayers
I think I need to start at four in the afternoon
I am thinking as I am expecting number four
right when he or she is Baylens age
may be when I have figured it out
just then
when they are all 12    9   6   and 3
maybe then when I have been doing this for a long time
I will have it
Maybe that is why my mom always has such good advice
It is a shame you always get it
when you are nearing the end
That is how a lot of things in life are
I guess we live and learn
learn and live
I like this journey
I like trying new things and trying to get better each day
It is fun to watch my mom with my kids
being able to do it again
I am so thankful for that
I know that this one is it
as far as my plan goes
But know that God has our sweet little family in the palm of his hands
and as much as I toss and turn
wondering if all is good
it is
because it is all done as I focus on 
serving and being the best I can be
I learn my lessons daily
I try to never beat myself up
but just learn from mistakes
and smile and the joy
there is SO much joy
Focusing on lately
not giving God my leftovers
I want to make sure each day
as I count backwards
making sure I have given the kids and my husband
and the dog
enough time
that God is not just left with what is left
I know He understands the season I am in right now
But I want to make sure I don't just carve out a section for Him each day
like I would a naptime
or dinnertime, storytime etc
He is in every moment 
of my everyday
that is how I find my balance
letting Him lead me
as I lead others....

No comments:

Post a Comment