Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday Memories In Motion


Sam came home yesterday from a fun afternoon with Me Me
All decked out...
Had visions of her as a teen...
dressing like the fo real!
Baylen said
NO! Pepper

 Today she came home
with about fifty ant bites
I had her show me her leg
Baylen quickly wanted his cast in the picture too
He held it up when I was holding her leg up



 Did not post last week from the beach....

 Could eat crab soup
Nightly...
inbetween Me Me's fried shrimp

I loved this devotion this morning...

You were taught with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness." Ephesians 4:22-24


It went on to describe what I acutally feel each day!  
I make a bold commitment each day... No more unglued mama mornings..afternoons or bedtimes. less frustration and chaos.

I am again reminded that when you think things will go smoothly they do not
I have my six year old clinguing on for dear life having to be pried off of my arm by his kindergarten teacher
Brings back so many memories from his sister, just three years ago. It seems to happen at the age of six. 
And then, if that is not on my mind all morning...I get a call that Samantha stepped in an ant pile, and is eaten up.
Reality
No big deal
There are kids that are dying, fighting cancer and the list goes on and on
I am indeed not grumbling here
Just stating the fact
Like Paul says in his letters
Tomorrow belongs to God
The second we think we own it
Life we show us, oh no we do not
The smooth days are rough
and the rough days show themselves smoothness along the way
Ironically enough 
Baylen has been a big ball of smiles today

I figured out from my devotion today that
I need to have about five minutes in the morining to focus
Not have a devotion
But to remind myself that I am not incontrol of the day
I am just doing it
Making sure that there is no grumbling
It is not like we wake up in the morning and say
I plan on getting frustrated with people today,


 But then the stress of the day  makes the crazies creep in.

Not that my day is stressfull
It is the little things that add up
the whining, nagging, dog hair and toy explosions
laundry piles, dirty bathrooms and telamarcatars
Mean neighors, closets and pantries that I swear were just straight
now not
Its the little things

The whining. The complaining. The feeling that I can't ever get it all together. It all escalates and sends me over the edge.

When I wake up, my mind is like a dry sponge. What I soak up first will saturate me most deeply. If I don't want to be consumed with the stresses of my day, I must soak up what will renew my mind instead — God's Word. Even if it's only for 5 minutes, I've got to put the world on hold until I've checked in with God.
I am managing Blessings....
If I want my attitude to be made new, I must keep things in perspective. While my frustrations seem big, things like lost shoes and less than perfect lunches aren't big problems. They are small aggravations that come with managing blessings.
I tell myself everyday
I will greet my husband with a huge hug and smile
Instead I swear it turns into a smarty comment
and never make eye contact until maybe nine thirty...
I also need to  let me kids do more, even though I want to do all for them....
My kid's irresponsibility will not become my emergency. I need to communicate my expectations so they know they're going to have to own the consequences of their choices. I can't own this situation and let it throw me into frantic, fix-it mode. I can let the consequences of my kid's choices scream, so I don't have to.

As I am just now sitting down to type
It is 9:29
Since practice for soccer went thirty eight minutes over...it also pushed dinner and bed back
I did it again
Kevin got it when I got home
His chipper mood when we walked in the door threw me over the edge
Dang it
Why did I have a snotty remark when he assumed dinner would be ready
And I proceeded to tell him we did not have a maid at home for it to magically appear....
He did not find that comical
I really did not feel stressed
I guess someone has to get a smart you know what comment when I hold them in all day
tomorrow is a new day
And yes
I will do everything without grumbling...I promise
IMPERFECT PROGRESS...always trying to be more like Christ, but finding it just about impossible!




2 Corinthians 5:17, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!" 

 Roamans 12:2
"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will." 






No comments:

Post a Comment