Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday Memories in Motion


Look at this sweet little boy
He always wants to take something when we leave the house
Always
Today he chose a little doggy
He is also wearing my hat....
He said he needed to be "Waaaarm and Cozy"
Baylen says candy can instead of candy cane and I will be mad if anyone ever corrects it





 Who wouldn't love a baby in a basket.....


 A very happy boy....a gogurt....a chocolate milk juice box.....in jammies...under his blankie....with Piper....I think candy is the only thing that may make him happier
 A few nights ago I think they talked this over....Baylen came at midnight...stumbling in as if he did not know what he was doing...Bo was in at 2:00am scared of the storm and Samantha around 4:00 with a bad dream....I lost Kevin to the couch around 3:00 I think...and I finally surrendered when McRae started crying around 5:00.....
Would not want it any other way....

Baylen talk....
today Baylen said "Aunt Ginny has baby Eva in her belly"
I told him she sure does....
"She use to have Hut-son in her belly"
You are right
I got down on his level....
and asked who was in my belly....
"Sa-man-fa....then Crae then Me and Bo Bo"
Okay.....
"uncle Andrew was in Ginny's belly before Hut-son"
Oh really....
"Who's Belly were you in mommy"
Me Me's!
"Whos belly was Me ME in"
Pat Pats!
"Who's belly was Pad Pad in"
I could not stop laughing at how he said Pad Pad

As much as I love Baylen talk I love Samantha talk too...
I felt a huge connection today with her when we were having our pillow talk...
I told her we had to stick together because our house was being overtaken by BOYS!
I told her that boys don't get us...and that is okay....as long as we get eachother
I love that girl!

Bo tells me all day
Mommy I wish I could have a hug right now....
He is the BEST hugger

McRae you make me so happy
I won't know what to do when you are off my hip
You are my only one that crys for me....
and says mommma all day...well at that age...I hear Mommy all day from the others
As annoying as it sometimes gets to hear Mommy Mommy Mommy from different voices every second it seems....
Mommy can I have a snack....turn the light on....read to me....help me with this problem....turn the Wii on....open the door...tie my shoe.....turn the water on.....turn the water off.... yada yada yada
I will be so sad when I don't hear it.....

On sunday at church we rememembered our baptism...we went to the front of the church and touched to water to our head. Kevin had Baylen and he touched the water and kept patting his head. We went to the alter to pray. Baylen folded his sweet little pudgy hands and kept touching his wet forhead. He said in the sweetest quietest voice...God I am thankful for my family....tissues please....
Tonight after reading stories in bed Baylen asked if we were going to do that pray to God thing...I said yes,,,,he said Good...I like that....
He closed his eyes real tight and said I love you God...thank you for my family and I am sorry for doing bad....
So, to my devotion. I will admit. I felt a little defeated last night. My hubby gets a little short tempered by Sunday evenings....and I usually am the one that gets the short end of the stick. I had a bit too much of the rudeness so I may have given just a little silent treatment last night...even though our sermon that morning at church had been all about forgiveness....
then I stumbled upon this devotion this morning....


Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Psalm 51:10 
When I pray, often resentment, anger, unforgiveness, or an ungodly attitude clouded my communication with God. While I may have had a good reason for these emotions, my prayers were not coming from a right heart. What's more, I was praying that my husband would conform to my ideal image of him. My prayer was for God to change him into the person I wanted him to be.
However, as I went to God in prayer every day, something unusual started to change—me. I was the one God decided to work on first, not my husband. Gently, the Lord began to soften my heart. Humble it. Mold it. And reconstruct it.
Change me, Lord.
And it wasn't just my relationship with my husband that required me to pray this powerful three-word prayer. My relationship with my son and daughter required it. My relationships with my friends required it. Most of all, my relationship with God required it.
But God's way is not always our way. God didn't choose to make those first changes in my husband. He chose to make them in me.
1 Corinthians 10:24, "Let no one seek his own, but each one the other's well-being." 
Psalm 139:23, "Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my anxieties..." 







No comments:

Post a Comment