Monday, December 31, 2012

Good Bye 2012 Hello 2013

I am sipping a glass of red wine
Oh yes I am
And it is new years eve
And it is 10:14
And I am about to put my fourth down for bed...for a few hours atleast
And I will see 2013 around 1 am
I decided to blog before this feeding...to go over just a few things....
A few things that I am thankful for as the year comes to a close
And what I am looking forward to for 2013
First I would like to say
The past three weeks have been a blur
Just like the first few weeks of 2012
It is amazing how this year has had a way of bookended itself
We started the year with a worldwind of saddness in the passing of Grammy
And I am ending the year
not with saddnes
the opposite
But still a worldwind of emotions
I have to say I am so blessed
so happy
and so inlove with my newest little bundle.....
And I say this
because it was today that I realiazed that the other three are inlove with theri brother
and can't get enough
and that makes me happy
I am so thankful....
for how tonight after McCrae's bottle he fell asleep on my chest
and I got a blanket
and it was freezing outside
but we were inside
on the couch and I closed my eyes and could feel him just breath up and down
his face all sqooshed with no cares in the world
and I just sat
and it was perfect
and I did not want him to grow ever....
and to make it even better
Baylen came with him blanket and passy and book
and wanted me to read
and then he wanted to hold "Crae"
and I looked at his sweet little hands on his back
and they looked so big, yet still so small
and I loved to hear Baylen talk with a passy in his mouth,
and he kissed Craes head....and seemed so sweet and gentle with him
and in love
He looked at me and said
lets keep him mom
And then just a few minutes later...Sam comes bouncing in
all smiles
in her princess pjs
wanting to be tucked in....
and Bo came and gave me a kiss on the head and said
I just love you so much mommy
We had fun tonight
as others are living it up downtown



we had lasagna and sparkling water
and toasted the new year
Bo said he loved 2012 because of Ninjago....
Sam said she loved it because she got a brother and had an awesome Christmas
We toasted and watched Big Bird
It was perfect
Not sure Kevin agreed, but I thought it was
So
Good bye 2012
I have so many hopes and dreams for 2013
Things as simple as washing my face and taking a shower every day
And drinking water and doing a devotion
But most importatntly
I look forward to enjoyiing every moment with my kids
And letting things go
and rolling with it
and just being
just being in teh moment
and smelling my babies head
working puzzles with baylen
Looking into Bo's eyes when he is talking to me
and having lots and lots of one on one time with my girl.....
looking forward to 2013.....cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment