Thursday, October 20, 2011

It's all about perspective

The kids got their first tardy for the year, it was my fault, they were not up when I got home from the gym...so 20 minutes just did not cut it to get out the door...and it set my day up for one thing after the next...but it is all about perspective...this day will soon pass and I will have learned from it and it will make me stronger.

NEGATIVE WAY TO LOOK AT IT versus POSITIVE WAY TO LOOK AT IT
Having to help my mother in law into my car and seeing her weak body and mind unravel ...

Getting to take my mother in law to go get her LAST radiation and watch her
get her diploma and tell me that she is
so blessed to have me

Having our dishwasher and washer break.....Having a amazing dad that took care of
it right away for me

Watching Bo tear the clean house up in 10 minutes flat
Having a son with so much energy and
creativity that he comes up with
all the things that he does

Getting in traffic and not being able to pick Samantha up on time which therefore made me miss our conference .....
Not being in a crash that causes the traffic

Watching your 17 month old pour a 32 oz bottle of gatorade on isle 8 of Walmart while deciding which kind of bread to get ....
Having a sweet lady next to me that said,
Oh sweetie, I have kids, I totally get it...
Reminding me that one day I will
miss things like that happening

Watching walker loose control of his bladder and being sad that this might be it...
Having the opportuinty to just sit with
him, with no distractions and just be
remembering all the good and not
the bad and sad

Again, it is all how you look at things...on those days that you feel you can't take anymore, you can...its all how you look at it. Tomorrow will be better, but today really was good. I got to be with my kids, see my dad, talk to my mom lots, see my sister, feel so much love from my mother in law, loved on Walker lots, let my kids know how much I love them, told them how proud I am of them, never once lost my temper, was patient, kind and gentle. Now that is a great day....now lets see what we can learn from tommorrow. Really my only concern is that I don't get to let everyone know how much they are loved, I think it, try to show it, I just want others to know how apriciated that are....I want others to know that it is not all about me, but about them....I want this blog to show others that we are in all of this together....My hope is that everyone always had someone elsese back, and lived life to better someones elses life and not just there own. Wow, if we all did that, it would be amazing. For now, I will focus on making sure everyone around me knows how much I love and appreciate them, I want to let them know, not just think it! Praying for Walker tonight...we need it to be a good day tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment