Sunday, July 10, 2011

Riley and Walker Love

So I am so sad that we have lost Riley and are the verge of Losing Walker. As I wake up in the middle of the night or get sad during the day I have to think about what I have in my life that I love deeply. It is hard when we get bogged down on what we miss and miss what is around us. I loved and still love Riley so much. I love Walker and can't imagine him not being here. I have to also remember that even though this hurts so bad, it was worth it. If I did not have them then I would not hurt so bad, yet I would not have learned as much as I have from them. They also had wonderful lives here. I also have Sam, Bo and Baylen and a wonderful husband. My parents and sisters are amazing also.
What Riley taught me: that you need to let the people you love know you love them, you never know when you won't see them again. Make sure you do the things that matter most and don't get too bogged down on what does not really matter. Know that it was the little things in life that matter. It was the day to day actions that let other know they are loved.

Walker taught and teaches me: You can not worry about tomorrw, just enjoy today. We can't be in control. We can not worry about what the future holds. We need to enjoy the moment that we have right in front of us right then! Don't be sad thinking about what might be, be happy with what you have right at that moment.

What I love about Walker: he loves tennis balls, sitting in the front yard with his tongue hanging out.

No comments:

Post a Comment