Wednesday, September 17, 2014

So I am simply posting this because one day I want to look back and remember what a day with four kids was like. Granted today was a little more hectic then usual...I wanted to document it....I reminded myself numerous times to breath and enjoy.....Even though we zoomed around town there were still lessons learned and smiles.....Here goes...

The day starts with the 6:00am alarm to make waffles....
A kiss for Bo to wake him up as he slips on his batman robe
"Waffles Again" Ok....with a smile...there is bacon too?
Shame on me for making homemade waffles!
As lunch is being packed Baylen stumbles in...hair is everywhere!
"I want my brek-fist"
As I put a tray on his lap in front of his show show curious George I hear
I gotta go potty
Of course you do....
Once we are settled Bo gets dressed...well kinda
Forgetting the boxers and needing to turn his shirt around he is ready
I hear from a distance moooooommmmmmmy
That would be McRae
Who is soaking wet
Like really wet
Like PJ's wet
A quick change and all is well
Did I mention Kevin is out running?
I go into Samantha's room and wake her with a kiss on the forehead  and let her know her breakfast is ready...after a few I's so tired and do I have to get ups.....I am on my way
To one of my most favorite parts of the day....
Walking Bo to school
Hand in hand I am ready for the most entertaining part of my day
He talks and talks and talks
We talk about everything
I do a lot of the listening and try to answer questions as best as I can
He asked about road kill
and if they are in heaven
He picks up fuzzy leaves and asks if they can be his pet hamsters
He runs into cars....as he walks...and acts as if the cars are in his way
My favorite is when he asks questions like what major league baseball team he will play for
I love that he has such goals in life and wants so bad to reach them
I love that Boy
As we walk into Barrow I love that he wants a hug and a high five
and a smile
and a "I'll see ya soon"
I run home to see what I have missed
Kevin is usually come and gone by now...
Samantha is dressed and her brothers are usually climbing on something
She feels really good about being able to keep them just for that little bit
Days like today she was doubly blessed with her cousin
I was greeted by Samantha and a hair brush letting me know that baylen and Hudson repeatedly told her that she was not there mommmy as they jumped on the beds and raced screaming through the house.....
We had about 6 minutes to discuss it as I threw the boys clothes in the car and we were off to the orthodontist....
As Samantha was in there I dressed the boys in the car
I glanced up to see Samantha in tears
It was one of those painful appointments
So it was time to swing through to get a milk shake
Not that I felt judged getting a milk shake at 8:00 in the morning....I am over that drive through lady
Samantha was not ready for school so we went to preschool first
I love waling baleen in...and it was double fun walking Hudson in too!
Lots of skipping and smiles
Back to the car to take Samantha....an Advil and a big hug seemed to suffice her...and a whisper that she could call me anytime and I would be right there....
So I had a hour or so to get some chores done and some one on one time with Mr. McRae
Which was spent mostly getting a train to stay on a track
We were back in the car to pick the boys up
We played
I drank coffee for lunch
and we played
Bo got home....
We worked on homework
There was no time for the gym today so McRae enjoyed being my weights as I incorporated him into a little circuit training....
We then got in baseball gear, gathered Samantha's play book and piled in the car
Back to get Hudson
To Clarke Middle to get Samantha from Art Club
To Church
To praise the Lord
That is what the focus is right?
By the time I dropped four kids at choir and bible study and picked up the dinner upstairs it was time to circle back around to pick them up....
So I with the double stroller that does not like to fit through doors....went up and down the elevator about a dozen more times.....
Forget the fact that by this time of day the kids do not know how to stay with me
I promise you all five of them were going down a different hall....
For the record I was still keeping my cool
Did I mention I peaked my head in a room to wave at my husband as he ate his dinner at a church recreation meeting....I am thinking about doing the recreations part this year and letting him run the "Sidelines"
Tonight was just beginning...unlike last night when me and the kiddos got to spend three hours at the ballpark...we got to play taxi cab
It was off to baseball practice....as I ran though my head if Bo had all of his gear I yelled to the back if he was wearing his cleats....for a moment I thought he may be barefoot
All good
As Bo ran in to practice...I was down to four
I thought
I had a mild panic as I yelled back to baylen....Hudson is in the car right?
Check
Ok....that was a close one
For a moment I thought he may still be at church
So we headed to take Hudson home...
As there was was discussion over what movie to watch...a few dropped passy's and Samantha eating her taco in the car....which mind you had a speck on meat on it that she was not having.....forgot to mention I had the same conversation  just thirty minutes before when Bo swore he saw a piece of cheese.
We made it to play practice with 1 minute to spare...YES
So it was eat....quick bathe (the tub did overflow)....dessert and back in the car to get Samantha from Play practice...
Now don't  let me forget to tell you that Kevin was helping....he offered to pick Bo up from practice....just making sure you did not think he spent the night at the ball field
Samantha was in and were were back home...
After Baylen swore he had not had dessert yet I coaxed him into a book and it was a cozy read ....McRae at our feet.....
As I was in Samantha's room having some girl talk I could hear Baylen crying that he did not want to be alone.....
So he went to the couch and Mcrae got a quick version of rocking to bed.....
Back to Samantha for another kiss and when I got back to the den Baylen was out....
Right about then in enters Bo and daddy
After to cleats came off and the very dirty practice pants were in the hamper another shower was in the making a dessert scooped....
A read about Halloween and baseball....a good night prayer and tuck in all snug as a bug in a rug....
I sit down not to type this....
So....again...it was a busy day...but not too far off from a normal day
I feel good because I really did enjoy it and was in the moment as much as I could be
there were a couple sighs and some hey guys lets try to serve others rather then just wanting to be served...but hopefully the kids knew that that were loved...and that I enjoyed what I was doing every moment. It is my payer everyday that I take in every moment...the good and the bad. I don;t have to like it all....but I do want to remember it all.....
So again...I wanted to document
...so I can look back when there is not a million places to go...diapers to change and clothes to iron....a remember the days of a 11 8 4 and 1 year old.....oh and piper go fed today...I think?



watching the grass cutting


Baylen wrote this all by himself!

looking sharp...not he does not have an extra leg...that would be Baylen

 Samanthas awesome first progress report as a middle schooler
storytime rocked today! Cute Cute

 Bo do you know where to go....yes coach left field...as he trots out to right....oh boy!
 Soooooo sweet...no sure who is enjoying it more....
just like walker....lets the kids do anything

 why is McRae never clothed
 Love these from the park last week







Samantha can also benefit form a dvd from the library :)

who wants popcorn

 besties!
 and sweet brother carrying all the load!
somebody looks sharp!

No comments:

Post a Comment