Thursday, February 28, 2013

Beware...may be too much info...but I blog the truth

I have noticed lately that everytime I walk into a new room...there is probably a child in it.

I have noticed that when things seem very calm and running smoothly it usually means something is about to rock the boat....

Like when we get out of the door 10 minutes early with four happy kids....that is when Piper makes a run for it which equals a 15 minute dog chase which equals really leaving five minutes late

But on the flip side...when things are not going smooth, I find if I just laugh it off or invision myself on camera on a reality show...it makes me have lots of patience and just enjoy the ride....

Like today...as I was walking into Bible Study...all was good...I was stolling a happy baby with my right hand and holding the hand of my skipping singing toddler on my left...thinking what a super day...
until he tripped which brought me down with him....and I busted my knee and rolled a bit...luckily he landed on top of me unscared and when I popped back up to catch the stroller that was slowly starting to make its way on it own...I saw a sweet smiling 11 week old never skipping a beat....

so here is another visual for you...

I took Samantha to soccer practice and upon arrival I realized by the lip smacking there was no way McRae was going to last on the way home unless he was fed. So I crawled into the backseat with Bo and his DSI to my right and Baylen watching a movie to my left...and a very happy baby with his eyes rolled back into his head enjoying every drop....all was good...I even had perfect view of Samantha practicing....unil

I got to go potty

No No No

there was no way I was taking this bottle out McRaes mouth
there was not way I was taking three boys across a parking lot in the cold

I thought for a moment
Then I spotted the fresh cup of coffee I had gotten to enjoy on the way....to help me make it throug this last bit....and I decided to sacrifice
I unrolled the window and dumped it out
And you can guess the rest
And the best part is with a little help from my chin acting as a holding device...McRae never skipped a beat
and all was happy once again....
And who said being a mom was boring....it is super fun to see how you can solve the many puzzles of the day....
My goal at the end of the day is that my kids felt loved....not that I am perfect in every moment and never lose my cool...but that they see that no matter how busy it gets...that they are loved....very very much




 all impossibilities have a weak spot. Tear it down one good decision at a time.
And soon it will be clear, inside every impossible is the word possible- if only we dare to see it.


Isaiah 40:31
 "But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."




No comments:

Post a Comment