Friday, November 9, 2012

rest

I have noticed I have not been blogging
shame on me
But that is the story of my life
all of our lives
excuses
I will make none
I have to say I had an AMAZING bible study yesterday
I will be catching up at the end of the study on Hebrews
sharing all that I learned from it
But for now
I learned about rest
I AM RESTLESS UNTIL I REST IN HIM
rest is not a familiar word for me
I run from it
I feel there is no time for rest
I feel if I do not go a million miles an hour then I am well
just not right
Sometimes I wish I was in that slow motion mode on the tv
where you just ease into things
I don't know
I am just not wired that way
In our study we talked a lot about rest
I will write more on that soon
But today's study remiended of me it also...


About how our emotional lives need just as much rest as our physical. We let thoughts consume us and whirl around....When we do not allow time to rest and regroup from the stresses of life, we allow cracks in our spirit that make us emotionally and spiritually fragile. We keep going at break-neck speeds, rarely slowing down long enough to be refreshed.
We must stop even for a moment
We must dig into the scripture EVERYDAY

In our fast-paced society we rarely get to sit in a quiet place. Televisions blare. Computers sound out webcasts. iPods and MP3s crank out music at times when we could be seeking solace.
As a result, stress chisels away, creating tiny cracks that although barely visible to the eye

Matthew 7:25, 
"The rain fell, the rivers rose, and the winds blew and pounded that house. Yet it didn't collapse, because its foundation was on the rock. 




What I NEVER want to forget about being pregnant...
The kicks
The limbs that seem to poke out from the inside out and push your skin further then you think possible...the little pinch that does not hurt but kinda does
The hicups
The rolling from side to side at night
the different stages of feeling the baby from a flutter to all out movement
I wish I could describe the movements
As I sit here and type
they are always so different
sometimes a little poke
many times a whole belly shift from side to side
sometimes you can feel little fingers and toes tickle
I know it is not comfortable, but the uncomfortable pressure and sharp pains down your leg and hips
Pillows everywhere at night
An itchy veining belly
Having to go potty all the time and then not having too and then having too
Cravings
clothes not fitting
ice
Belly buttons
People just looking at you like oh I remember that
I find myself looking at other pregnant moms and thinking...oh I wish I was pregnant
Really weird I know
The feeling that you really can not stand up from a sitting position
the doctor appointments
I really do love them
I feel it is the time I can just give to the baby
I CAN NOT WAIT TO SMELL MY BABY'S HEAD!!!
But I will save that for my post on
What I love about a newborn...
for now
I want to savor these last four weeks
simply savor
every moment
for this is such a blessing
one that deep down I knew I would have
if God so willed
That is why i kept the clothes
and all the stuff....
deep down I knew
I hope I will always feel this little one inside me
what a miracle
truly....

No comments:

Post a Comment